sobota, 16 maja 2009

Electronic messages

mobile


Angielskie skróty używane w SMS-ach i e-mailach :)
2DAY - today
2MORO - tomorrow
2NITE - tonight
4 - for
ASAP - as soon as possible
ATB - all the best
B4 - before
B4N - bye for now
BBL - be back later
BRB - be right back
BTW - by the way
CUL8R - see you later
F2F - face to face
FWIW - for what it's worth
FYI - for your information
GR8 - great
HAND - have a nice day
ILU - I love you
IMHO - in my humble opinion
KIT - keep in touch
LOL - lots of love / luck / laughing out loud
MSG - message
MYOB - mind your own business
NO1 - no one
PCM - please call me
PLS - please
SOM1 - someone
SPK - speak
THX - thanks
WAN2 - want to
WKND - weekend
X - kiss
XLNT - excellent
XOXO - hugs and kisses
U - you
Y - why
YR - your / you're

Word or phrase Abbreviation(s)
Account acc
Address addy/add
And n, an
Anticipate ntcp8
Age, sex, location Asl
At the moment atm
Be right back brb
Be back later bbl
Be back soon bbs
Because cuz, bcuz, bcz, bcos, bc, cos, coz or bcoz
Best friend or Boy friend bf or b/f
Best friend(s) for life bffl
Best friend(s) forever bff
Between btwn
By the way btw
Can't be arsed cba
Comment me back cmb (usually used for social networking sites)
Could be keen (eg to go out) cbk
Cousin cuz
Definitely def
Don't dnt
Don't worry dw
Forever 4eva or 4evr
For your information fyi
Friend frend or frnd
Fuck my life fml
Fuck you fuk u or f u
Girl friend gf
Got to go g2g or gtg
Great gr8
Have a nice day H.A.N.D.
Have a good day hagd
Hold on hld on or h/o
Homework hw, hwk or hmwk
How are you hru
I don't care idc
I don't know idk
I do what I want idwiw
I love you ily, luv u, ilu, luv ya, or i <3 u
If I recall correctly or If I remember correctly iirc
In my opinion imo
In my humble opinion imho
Jokes jks
Just for laughs jfl
Just joking jj
Just kidding jk
Just to let you know jtlyk or j2luk
Know kno, knw or noe
Kiss my teeth kmt
Kiss my ass kma
Later l8r/l8a
Laugh out loud lol
Lots of love lol
Laughing my ass off lmao
Laughing my fucking ass off lmfao
Laughing quietly to myself lqtm
Laugh out loud (multiple times) lollies, lolz
Love luv or <3
Message (as in a text message) msg
Never mind nm or nvm (depending on context used)
No problem np
No thank you no tnk u, nty, no ty
Not much nm (depending on context used)
Obviously ovvi or obv
Of course ov cors or ofc
Oh My God omg or (comically) zomg
OK K
Parents over shoulder pos
parents behind back pbb
Peace pce, pece, or \/ (V sign)
People ppl
Please plz or plez
Probably probz, prbly, prolly, proly, or prob
Really rly
Reals rlz
Right rite
Rocking/Rock (metal hands) \m/
Rolling on the floor laughing (out loud) rofl(ol) or (comically) Roflcopter
Rolling on (the) floor laughing my ass off roflmao or rotflmao
says ses or sez
See you/see you later cya, cu, or cya/cu l8er/l8a
Seriously srsly
Shit outta luck SOL
Something sth, s/t, or sumthin
Son of a bitch sob
Sorry sry
Talk to you later ttyl or t2yl
Ta-ta for now ttfn
Text txt
Text back txt bck or tb
Thanks thanx, thx, tnx, 10Q, or tnx
Thank you ty or "thnk u"
Thank you very much tyvm
Tomorrow tom, 2moz, 2moro, 2mrw or 2mara
To be honest tbh
Welcome back wb
Write back wb
What wat, wut, wht, whaz or wot
Whatever w/e or wateva or watev or wtvr
What the fuck wtf, wdf (slang)
What the hell wth
Would wud

 Sources:
- Wikipedia
- Oxford Dicitonary
Polecam również artykuł znanego lingwisty Davida Crystala: 2b or not 2b

1 komentarz: